Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lately - and for sale

Finally I am reading again. In the last couple of weeks I've swung between Benedictine spirituality, The Fellowship of the Ring and the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. My head is spinning.

...He's been reading The Tiger Who Came To Tea

Tunbridge Wells for the first time in a long while

The shops are beautiful

staffed by equally beautiful people

"It is not given to us to grasp the truth, which is identical with the divine, directly. We perceive it only in reflection, in example and symbol, in singular and related appearances. It meets us as a kind of life which is incomprehensible to us, and yet we cannot free ourselves from the desire to comprehend it." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rootsy
I worked in Tintern Abbey last week for one day
Sage flowers are the only pickable flowers in my garden at the moment

Irresistible purchases


I am selling my mandolin after 10 years of wanting to learn but never actually doing it. Chords have finally beaten me. I think it's a FM-101 Fender Sunburst - the perfect beginner mandolin - it needs a string change but is in excellent condition otherwise. £100 including the hard case.

1 comment:

  1. Your life has been full of loveliness, and that first picture is so, so cute!

    Maybe try a bit of lighter reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!