Tuesday, May 28, 2013

To know // to understand

I made a conscious decision about a year and a half ago to not be ashamed of myself anymore. If you have been taking notes on my personal living timeline, that feeling coincided with my emergence from the haze of the first months of my firstborn's existence.

A notebook page from Eugene Morozov
I can now see that having a baby was a transformative experience for me.

That superhuman feeling of bringing a child into the world, emerging from your most vulnerable to your most powerful - the agony, the tears, the excitement and wonder gives you a new perspective on your own and everyone else's existence.

It's the difference between knowing and understanding - the power and capability that the simple, normal, indescribable act of carrying and birthing a baby requires, the skills it gives you, applies to almost every aspect of living ever after. Somehow, I can now 'own' my interests and live my life more confidently and securely.





My 'Rando's' - my new favourite non social, social app
Medieval writing implements at work
vitamin D storage
A smashed up greenhouse, an object I am always drawn to for some reason.
- 50 squats a day
- 50 crunches a day
- take all extra hours I can at work and save save save

Incidentally - if you want to follow my blog, here is my bloglovin page.

I think Google Friend Connect is leaving us shortly (am I right?) - This is annoying because I have all my blogs I follow on there. I need to do something about that.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. It sounds like you're in a good place. (And I love those medieval writing implements.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! We're hoping to visit the castle soon - you've made me curious with all your posts about it!
    I think Bloglovin makes it pretty easy to transfer your google contacts over to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post. Self awareness and strength shine through.

    I transferred everything to Bloglovin', it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!