Monday, March 18, 2013

Links & Inspiration

This image was the inspiration for my quite disturbing 'Teratoma' drawing from this post
There is a glorious Aubrey Beardsley series going on at the Poul Webb blog, it's in 7 parts and has so many works that I've never seen before. His blog is definitely worth following if you are interested in art. I like Beardsley for his art of course, but also because we share the same birthday and I went to the same college that he did.

Intricate soft sculpted monsters and dwellings are slowing starting to fill Melissa Sue Stanley's Etsy shop and I for one am excited:

Click here to read the post I did on Melissa Sue Stanley's work

A couple both engrossed in their wireless devices. 1906. For more on my love for Punch Cartoons see this post.
Lucien Lévy-Dhurmer (1865 - 1953) - A Gust of Wind

A mysterious and much argued over map that if real, implies knowledge of America far before Columbus - if anyone knows anything about this please let me know!

Alan Lee - Farewell to Gandalf

Osman Hamdi Bey, The Tortoise Trainer, 1906-07
Georgia O’Keeffe and Eastborn Smith in Twilight Canyon, Lake Powell, 1964 -by Todd Webb
A shirt from Zara that is very impractical and I will not buy but I like all the same.
My current desktop background. Markarth from Skyrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!