Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship (A Russian Folk Tale)


I would like to share with you this fantastic little International Emmy award winning stop motion animation that I used to watch when I was little.

It's called The Fool of the World and The Flying Ship and was released in 1990. It's about a poor humble woodcutter who rises to greatness with the help of very some strange friends and a flying ship. Two of the voice actors are Martin Jarvis and David Suchet!

I rediscovered it on YouTube a couple of years ago after having the song 'We're off to see his majesty the Tzar' going round my head and only half remembering where it came from. I sing it to my son to get him to sleep sometimes.

Part 1 is above, here's part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5 and part 6.

It's really unusual and well worth a watch if you have a spare moment!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I have always loved this version of the folktale! The animation is so beautiful! Have you seen the Robin Williams’ version of this tale?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!