Sunday, January 13, 2013

Leibster Award... again

Confession of my own imbecility: I did the 'Leibster award' before without actually knowing what it meant or what I was supposed to do other than selfishly list 11 facts about myself. I was tagged properly by lovely Helen at sittinginthekitchensink so here it is again - I'll try and think of 11 more facts but I may have to recycle because my previous attempt took me ages to write. Pretend you didn't read the first one...

"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."

11 random facts about me:

1. I was literally traumatised by a warning video about the dangers of glue sniffing (the little boy died!!!) in a science lesson in year 8 and as a result I have never done any drugs, and I didn't even drink until I was 18.

2. I was home educated until I was 7.

3. I am 5ft 9.

4. I once pierced my own ear with a needle and a lighter because I wanted two holes in one ear - it healed wonderfully and I still have it now. I also pierced my nose but couldn't get the stud all the way though the hole so had to let it heal up.

5. I wore massive flares for far longer that necessary during that brief moment around 2001 when they were fashionable again. (cringe)

6. I used to be an atheist - now I'm not, but I'm not religious either.

7. Hilariously, I failed to pass the online aptitude tests when applying for a Christmas job at M&S.

8. I like the idea of wearing hats but I do not look good in any of them.

9. Huw is my 3rd ever boyfriend.

10. I miss chalk landscapes.

11. I've no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

My questions from Helen are:

1. What job did you want to do as a child? Do you do anything similar now? As a child I wanted to be a cave man or a Victorian - sitting, hermit-like, in my flat writing is a bit like being a caveman I suppose..
2. Favourite holiday destination? Anywhere at this point...  I haven't been abroad for years
3. You've got toast for breakfast. What would you like spread on it? Peanut butter and apricot jam.
4. Do you play a musical instrument? I play the violin mostly but I have been known to play the double bass, the viola, the piano and the accordion
5. Describe your house in three words. Small, beige, rented
6. Early bird or night owl? Night owl forever
7. What's your go-to dinner recipe? Pasta and sauce made from whatever I can find.
8. What song is guaranteed to get you dancing? The Magnificent Seven - The Clash
9. Do you collect anything? Not really, I don't have the space!
10. What is your favourite cheese? Ossau Iraty (a Pyrenées sheep cheese)
11. Who would you invite to a fantasy dinner-party? Oh god, I'd invite Dorothy Parker probably, I bet she'd have some hideous things to say about me.

My questions are:

1. Do you have any recurring dreams?
2. What item of clothing do you wear most?
3. Desert Island book?
4. First record/CD you ever bought?
5. Embarrassing teenage celebrity crush (me: Lenny Kravitz)
6. Most used app (if you have a Smart Phone)?
7. Where do you get your news and current affairs?
8. Favourite chocolate bar
9. Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?
10. Guilty music pleasure?
11. If it snows, are you more likely to be inside watching it or outside playing in it?

And I tag (I don't think enough people read my blog to get this list up to 11!):

A Life In Writing - Zehra Cranmer
Koralimba
MelanieMorning
officinalis
little sleep
My Little Acorns
This Girl is...
Anyone else who reads this and wants to do it!

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Leibster Award, but I think it's a great idea. Also, I share your shame of wearing flares for slightly too long. I literally took that fashion trend and ran with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, excellent! I loved my flares, I remember thinking it felt so strange to go back to wearing normal trousers that didn't flap round your thighs! I retrospectively tag you for a Leibster Award :D

      Delete
    2. I am guilty of flares crime too! Shudder, the memories...

      Delete
  2. Well I do! Thanks for tagging, I'll be answering soon...
    p.s. I also pierced my own ears!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so hardcore! My mum didn't believe me when I told her, she said "you must have been high as a kite" - not so.... refer to random fact 1!

      Delete
  3. When I'm stuck I also go for pasta and sauce...every time. I also have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat pasta farrrr too much here! Thanks for leaving me a comment, off to check out your blog :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!