Saturday, January 5, 2013

Garwnant & Monsterism

On our last day before work and drudgery began anew, we drove to Garwnant in the drizzle for a walk. A grumpy teething baby who was scared of the waterfalls did not make for a very fun outing but we did have a surprisingly successful picnic in the car, chorizo & cheese sandwiches, bananas, pom bears and left over panettone.

Before terror overcame the child and we had to leave I took this
Someone had been there before us
High up on the valley sides, the scrub land and pines under the hanging clouds
A silent forest, the floor soft and thick with moss and pine needles

We abandoned nature and went to the Millennium Centre for coffee, bundt cake and a nappy change. There was a great Pete Fowler (monsterism) exhibition in the galleries, I would have bought a drawing if I had two pennies to rub together. You should go if you're in Cardiff.

Me, forgetting I was still in my wellies until I saw myself in the mirror
I'm at my dad's this weekend and it's back to work for me next week so see you anon, dear readers..

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And you can't beat left over panettone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above, lovely pictures :) Picnic sounds good too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!