Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nadolig Llawen

Santa Claus, illustration from Arthur Rackham’s Book of Pictures, 1907, published 1913
I'm currently waiting for my sister, mum and her partner to arrive from Sussex for 'second Christmas' so I thought I'd update on our holidays so far (I finally made mince pies!).

Tinkling the old ivories
We spent actual Christmas at my sister-in-common-law's, eating an epic Christmas dinner and secretly playing on the children's new Wii when they had gone to bed.

Spending Christmas with children is hilarious, my son didn't really have a clue but his little cousin insisted on leaving out a banana for Santa as a nice change from mince pies! It also reminded me how Father Christmas is actually incredibly srs business.

I do love a proper tree

With his new froggy slipper socks
I too got some rather snazzy slippers
Huw surprised me with this Israeli silver and gold necklace, it's totally gorgeous, I shall wear it always
His first Christmas dinner!
I was more excited about giving presents this year than receiving them, but I did get some lovely things including lots of wonderful books, biscuit cutters, a CARTREF ('home' in Welsh) cushion and a gorgeous framed print for our new home. My son was a lucky baby and got a new jigsaw, books, a shape sorter, cute dinosaur pyjamas and some lovely knitted leg warmers.

Nadolig Llawen to you and hope you had a lovely break.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely Christmas, glad you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!