Thursday, November 22, 2012

The drawings of Eugene Morozov

I first came across the drawings of Dyolten (Eugene Morozov) through a Livejournal Moleskine community. He has kindly given permission for me to reproduce some of his art here. I could eulogise so much but I want to let the drawings speak for themselves - let me just say they've been my desktop backgrounds for months.

Be transported:
Jellyfish
Pouring Rain
Temple of Forest
Atlantis Stamp
Window in Summer

Chief at Dawn

A comparison showing how the works progress through the addition of colour
Dawn
Islands
Mountains
Swa
Ameno
Am Wasserfall
Storm
Miniature No 2
Castle

Birch 3
White Sea
Abraham -Illustration made for Matthew Clark's album Bright Came the Word
You can see the artist's Flickr here where there is also exceptional design work, typography, engravings and photography. Thank you Dyolten.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Along with Himmapaan you've probably been my most dependable source of great artists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. need to do a post on Himmapaan! an incredible artist

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!