Thursday, October 25, 2012

The race to the finish


Finally things seem to be falling into place for us as we draw to the end of this tumultuous year.

At last we have a car that doesn't grind to a halt down every time you drive above 50mph. We have an offer accepted on that house we wanted a few months ago after writing the owners a begging letter. Our left over mortgage offer from the last house that we failed to exchange on was renewed far more quickly than I had ever dared to imagine, with an extra 6 months expiry date and a (rather ambitious in my opinion) convincing indication that we will be moving over the Christmas holidays.

The end of the year is fast approaching and I'm feeling positive. If all goes according to the plan Christmas is going to be a huge blur of activity, mince pies crammed between packing and organising and presents opened sitting on boxes. I'm trying not to do anything to prepare until we exchange contracts. When we thought we had a house earlier this year I cleared out the utility room, chucked loads of stuff and e-bayed half my life before it fell through and unfolded as a disappointing (though clutter-free) anticlimax.

2013 is going to bring me my first ever mortgage, my first ever toddler (nearly 14 months, he's trying so hard to say words) and from January, the desperate search for furniture and my future in a new town will begin.

I'm obsessed with the final note of Louis Prima's voice in this song. It's incredible.

5 comments:

  1. YAY for good things!! Fingers crossed for the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Your blog is looking super nice :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you like it! Looks better than before I hope

      Delete
  2. 2013 will truly be a fresh start & what an exciting one. I hope the husband and I can manage to find a house of our own in the next 2 yrs, the whole process is so nerve racking! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ug, it's really awful, we've literally been house hunting since the start of the year - there are so many points at which it can all go wrong, I'm surprised anyone manages to move house at all!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!