Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Miles to go before I sleep

The woods were lovely, dark and deep, 
But I had promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.

 Stunningly beautiful screen printed Indian wrapping paper covered a birthday present from my mum. I folded it carefully and kept.

Half way through Seen in my Visions, my mum posted me the Peter Ackroyd biography so I could learn more about William Blake. He is so erudite on a fascinating individual and I've already had to look up so many words and references. I love books like this.

Home made pizza for a treat one evening. Pizza base recipe from = officinalis = : 6g Active Dried Yeast,1/4 tsp Granulated Sugar, 3/4 cup 110 degree Water, 1 3/4 cups plain flour (or 1 cup white, 3/4 cup wholewheat), 1/2 tsp salt. With mozzarella, courgette on one (baby flavours) and fennel, olive and goats cheese on the other.

 An evening admiring cards

 Practice for a performance I never got to give.

 Shadow

 Tuesday in work with my new scarf.

A block palace when the prince is sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a poster of the Welsh alphabet? It looks beautiful - would love to have a closer look.

    And where did you find those wooden blocks... They are exactly what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is te Welsh alphabet, well spotted!! http://www.allthingsoriginal.com/image/cathryn_weatherhead/alphabet_in_frame.jpg it's this print by the Welsh illustrator Cathryn Weatherhead, it's so lovely!

      The blocks are from a few different places - my mum kept a load of our old toys including a basket full of wooden blocks that she got from second hand shops plus a few new ones when my sister and I were small. Also my son got some lovely Brio blocks for his birthday which I just mixed into to my existing stash! They are such good quality and will last a lifetime: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BRIO-30156-Building-Blocks-Colour/dp/B000EF81CA

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!