Thursday, July 5, 2012

More ways to fill less time

IMG_4727
I really feel alive lately. Since I've had a baby I've noticed that my head has been full of plans, creativity and ideas, far more than it was before.

The extra urgency that spurs me on is the sheer lack of time to do anything for myself when looking after a small person. My sense of self greatly intensifies in any moments where I'm desperately trying to make the most of every second the baby is asleep. I have always been a planner, but now I find myself with great lists in my head of things I want to do.

2011 was a year entirely filled with the strange experience of being pregnant, endlessly worrying about money, preparing for the baby, giving birth (well... 52 hours of 2011 anyway) and then sitting on the sofa solidly breastfeeding for 3 months. Now my kid is a little older and I have more spare time and some space to think again,  I can begin work on these projects.

I have wanted to start a public blog for a long time so I began writing in this blog in January after registering it up a while back. I've had a friends only blog on LiveJournal for 10 years or so and have laid very low on the public internet for several years so it is exciting to be finally writing an actual blog that anyone can read.

Music related, I've been dying to get another band together to play gypsy and klezmer music. I've made a start on that but it's so difficult to transfer interest in your gumtree ad into actual rehearsals. People are flaky about stuff like that so it's quite frustrating.

I've been taking on more freelance work than I was doing before and am always looking for more.
 
Another thing I've wanted to do for ages is open a small Etsy shop and finally I've got the ideas and impetus to start planning for this. It will take a lot of preparation but I am determined to do this at some point.

We have most evenings to ourselves now as the babi is an excellent sleeper but by the time it gets to that time of day I usually only have the energy to sit on the floor, gawping at netflix and eating ice cream.

Anyway. I'm off to see what's in the freezer....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!