Friday, June 22, 2012

Pictures of collections

Collections of things I've seen recently:


Books in the Michaelston-le-Pit (the village next to mine) phone box book swap.

 

The cactus house of Dyffryn Gardens in the Vale of Glamorgan.


Crochet squares painstakingly made and laid out by my friend Sian (The Gingerbread) and instantly destroyed by my baby.


My friend Ceri's thimble collection, which she tried to hide the first time we went round because she thought it was deeply uncool, fortunately I thought it was amazing.


The wood shop in Tredegar House. These blocks are for turning to make bowls. Each stack is a different variety of wood.


A colourful pile of clean nappies ready in their basket.


My own collection of old books. Some of these are over 100 years old. My favourite is 'Morbid Fears and Compulsions'. I will share some wisdom from 'Enquire Within Upon Everything' one day as it has some top advice.

4 comments:

  1. The phonebox library is one of my favourite favourites on instagram! And did you know I have my very own thimble collection - yes, I too am deeply cool. Cute baby destruction pic; I love his expression, it seems to say 'yeah? and?'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a thimble collection too?! I know you've been hiding it away every time I come round but now there is no need ;)

      Delete
  2. My squares are almost all sewn up now so he can come try and destroy them all he likes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog ;)

    Love that phone box, what an awesome idea. We have one here in my village perhaps I shall see about starting this.

    And yey for cloth nappies ;)

    Bec x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!